In today’s World people going to think about how to save from cyber Attacks, many peoples try to steal your information from your business. Today in this blog we are discussing what kind of attacks the attacker do to your website that makes your service useless and how we save from those kinds of attacks in the future.
1) Distributed denial-of-service Attack:
In distributed denial-of-service attack which stands for in short DDOS is a malicious attempt to disrupt normal traffic of a targeted server, service or network by overwhelming the target or its surrounding infrastructure with a flood of internet traffic. DDOS Attacks achieve effectiveness by utilizing multiple compromised computer systems as a source of attack traffic. Exploited machines can include computers and other networked resources from a high-level traffic jam lots of messages is to be generated on the point to denial the service of the website that can closed the bridged of the service so when the user enters into the website so service is provided by the company or organization their server said access denied server is not available so this kind of attack is very harmful to the business and those kind of peoples who performed those attacks are the black hat hackers that are called as bad guys. So how you can protect yourself those kinds of attack to company or organization should have to hire the cybersecurity analyst person which is a white-hat hacker who protects organizations or companies from black hat hackers attack.
2) Dictionary Attack:-
The most common method of authenticating a user in a computer system is through a password. This method may continue for several more decades because it is the most convenient and practical way of authenticating users. However, this is also the weakest form of authentication, because users frequently use ordinary words as passwords. Antagonistic users such as hackers and spammers take advantage of this weakness by using a dictionary attack. Hackers and spammers attempt to log in to a computer system by trying all possible passwords until the correct one is found.
Two countermeasures against dictionary attacks include:
- Delayed Response: A slightly delayed response from the server prevents a hacker or spammer from checking multiple passwords within a short time.
- Account Locking: Locking an account after several unsuccessful attempts (for example, automatic locking after three or five unsuccessful attempts) prevents a hacker or spammer from checking multiple passwords to log in.
How you protect your self?
Dictionary attacks are not effective against systems that make use of multiple-word passwords and also fail against systems that use random permutations of lowercase and uppercase letters combined with numerals.
3) Man in the Middle Attack:-
A man-in-the-middle attack occurs when the communication between two systems is intercepted by a third party, aka a Man-in-the-Middle. This can happen in any form of online communication, such as email, web browsing, social media, etc.
The man-in-the-middle can use public connection wifi to either listen in on your conversation or try to inject data into your connection to gain access to your browser or app that is trying to move data or even compromise the entire device. Once they gain access to the device, the damage they can do is endless; steal credentials, transfer data files, install malware, or even spy on the user.
Signs for this kind of attacks:-
A few warning signs that you’re at risk of a man-in-the-middle attack include:
- Open / public Wi-Fi networks
- Suspicious SSIDs (Wi-Fi network names) that don’t look right
- Evil Twin Wi-Fi networks Once your connection has been intercepted a hacker can inject various things into your device using the connection. Here are some signs your connection has already been intercepted.
- Popups or captive portal pages asking for credentials
- Login pages appear that don’t look legitimate
- Fake software update popups
- Certificate error messages
Thank you for reading the article about the Cyber Attack Topic in my blog and I hope you got better knowledge and understanding what kind of attack that destroys your business and how can you save yourself from that kind of attack. But there are also so many kinds of attacks that I am not discussing here I just discuss the major top three attack that is more dangerous than any other. I hope you enjoy it and best of wishes.